Today we are going to discuss the 10 Weight-Loss-Friendly Foods .
These Are the “10 best Fruit And Vegetable” For “Weight Loss”
1 . Almonds
Almonds are a simple, convenient and delicious snack.
It is one of the richest sources of health-promoting compounds among nuts.
Just a hand full of almonds will provide you with quite a bit of the daily recommended levels of vitamins, mineral, and other nutrients.This is best foods to eat and it is best for lose weight diet food if you need to lose weight.
They have been cultivated for thousands of years and now in recent times research has shown that almonds possess a range of health benefits.
Below is more information about almonds which let you truly understand the importance of this nut
(To Know More –WEIGHT LOSS TIPS: 9 BEST TIPS FOR FASTER WEIGHT LOSS)
Almonds Nutrition facts
Almonds are an excellent source of nutrients; here are some nutritional facts about almonds.
About an ounce of almonds which are raw provide around 822 calories.
It contains 70 g fat out of which 5.3 g is saturated fat, 31 g of carbohydrates, 17.5 g fiber, and 30.2 g protein. The mono-saturated fats which are found in almonds have positive health benefits.
They are a very good source of magnesium and vitamin E. Other nutrients like copper, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamin B2 are also present in good amounts.
The vitamin B2 helps in the production of red blood pressure and also helps in the metabolism of carbohydrates. It also provides manganese and copper. ( 10 Fruit And Vegetable For Weight Loss )
Health benefits of Almonds
Almonds provide our bodies with a range of health benefits.
Here are some health benefits of almonds which you can reap by adding these wonderful nuts to your diet:
They are s rich source of incredibly nutritious and very high in many vitamins, minerals, loaded with fiber, also they are packed with phytochemicals which protect the body against cancers and a range of diseases.
The Vitamin E and the flavonoids found in the skin of the nut work together and protect the health of the artery walls.
This, in turn, reduces the chances of developing heart diseases. Also, vitamin E has the ability to maintain healthy mucus membrane and also protect the cell membranes.
The nuts provide the body with important B-complex groups of vitamins which includes niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, pantothenic, vitamin B-6, and folates.
It also has the ability to reduce the blood cholesterol levels.
They also provide us with essential minerals as they are an incredible source of potassium, manganese, iron, zinc, selenium and calcium.()
The phosphorus in the almonds has the ability to make bones and teeth stronger.
They also help you alkalize the body your body which reduces the risk of osteoporosis, weight gain, low energy, and poor immune function.
2 . Carrot
As everyone knows carrots are delicious and nutritious food.
Here is some more interesting information about carrots which help you appreciate this vegetable even more.
Carrots are root vegetable which is rich in vitamins and minerals. Due to the high content of nutrients, there is a range of benefits of carrots.
They can be eaten raw, cooked, in smoothies, and juices. This fun and tasty vegetable provide many health benefits.
Carrots Nutrition Facts
Everybody know that carrots are extremely nutritional and it good for optimal health, but here is some extract nutritional fact about carrots.
An average carrot contains about 25 calories, 2.2 g of fiber, and 6 g of carbs. This vegetable is known especially for the health benefits for the eyes, as just one carrot can provide about 200% you the daily requirement of Vitamin A.
It is also contains beta-carotene which is a naturally converted into vitamin A in the body. Carrots are low-fat, low-calorie foods which are great for people who need to reduce or watch their weight. ( 10 Fruit And Vegetable For Weight Loss )
Health benefits of Carrot
Carrots are an edible root which has gained lots of attention as it provides nutritional and medical benefits.
They are tasty and fun, work well in many dishes and cuisines also you can enjoy them raw.
Here are some health benefits of carrots:
- Eating carrots reduce the level of bad cholesterol present in the body. As high cholesterol is the main culprit behind a range of cardiovascular diseases. Hence regular consumption of this vegetable has the ability to reduce the chances of getting a heart attack or stroke.
- The beta-carotene present in the vegetable has been linked to range of health benefits which includes the ability to reduce the chances of developing cancer. It is most effective against lung cancer.
- The vegetable as the ability to reduce the chances of developing macular degeneration which is a common disease in the elderly. One can reduce the chances of developing macular degeneration up to 40% as compared to people who do not consume carrots.
- It can also improve vision and help maintain the health of the eyes. As it contains vitamin A which is essential for eye health. In addition to vitamin A it also contains other essential vitamins and minerals.
- The carotenoids present in the vegetable have the ability to regulate the blood sugar levels and it has the ability to inversely affect the insulin resistance and hence it can low the blood sugar levels.
3 . Cashew Nut
Cashew nut is crunchy and delicious nuts which everyone loves.
It is packed with good fats, energy, minerals, and vitamins.
This nut was native to Brazil’s rainforests and it was spread by the Portuguese all over the world.
This nut is also a great source of phytochemicals.
It is popular as a snack and is also used in many cuisines.
Know more about cashew nuts and get a better understanding of the benefits of cashew nut with this post.
Cashew Nut Nutrition Facts
Cashew nut is a popular snack and has a crunchy, sweet taste, and crunchy. Here are some informative nutritional facts about cashew nut.
This nut has 162 calories in 28 g which makes it a high-calorie food. They contain lower amounts of fats when compared to other popular nuts also they are a great source of protein as they have 4.3 g of proteins in one serving (28 g).
They contain high amounts of vitamins and minerals along with an excellent source of antioxidants. Just ¼ Cup of the nut contains 38 percent of the daily recommended mono-saturated fats, 37 percent of copper, and 22 percent of magnesium. Other vitamins like vitamin C, folates, thiamine, and niacin are found in the cashew nuts.
Health benefits of Cashew Nuts
Cashew nuts are full of vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants which are great for optimum health.
This popular snack has many health benefits.
A few health benefits of cashew nuts are presented below:
Cashew nuts are full of vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants which are great for optimum health.
- This popular snack has many health benefits. A few health benefits of cashew nuts are presented below:
- Cashews nuts are full of proanthocyanidins, it has the ability to stop cancer cells from dividing or reducing the speed of division of cancer cells.
- It also has the ability to reduce the risks of developing colon cancer. The high amount of anti-oxidants protects the body from cancer as well as cardiovascular diseases.
- The fat content in cashew nuts is lower when compared to other nuts. Oleic acid is a mono-saturated fat which is great for the heart; it is the same fat which is found in the olive oil.
- This fat reduces the triglyceride levels in the body which helps to reduce the risk of heart disease. The antioxidants and magnesium are great for the health of the heart.
- Cashews are great source of copper which is essential components of many enzymes. Copper plays a broad spectrum of role in the body.
- Copper is required in the making of the pigments which gives hair and the skin their colour.
- Cashews reduce the blood pressure as it contains good amounts of magnesium.
- The calcium and magnesium present in the nut is great for the health of the bone.
- The magnesium in the cashew nuts keeps the nerves relaxed by preventing calcium from rushing into nerve cells and activating them. Relaxed nerves results in relaxed muscles and blood vessels.
- The healthy dose of vitamin E delivered by cashew nuts makes them good for the health of the brain, it helps to reduce cognitive decline with the age.
(To Know More –6 BEST JUICE FOR WEIGHT LOSS FAST)
4 . Cherry
Cherries are fun and sweet treats which packs a health of benefits.
Cherry is wonderfully delicious foods which are packed with a host of nutritional benefits. Cherries are very low in calories; however, they are a rich source of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Cherries have a host of health benefiting compounds like iron, magnesium, phosphorous etc.
Also, cherries contain a small amount of vitamins A, C, B6, E B12, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, and pantothenic acid. (Suggested Fruit And Vegetable For Weight Loss)
Cherry Nutrition facts
A cup of cherries has 112 calories along with 3 g of fiber. Also, a cup of this delicious fruit contains .5 mg of iron, 15 mg of magnesium, 9.8 mg of vitamin C, and 50 mcg of beta-carotene. The sour varieties of cherry have lesser calories about 88 per cup and 1.7 g of fiber, 793 mcg of beta-carotene, 10.2 mg of vitamin C, 9 mg of magnesium and 178 mg of potassium. The sour varieties of cherries are used to make dried cherries and juices. ( 10 Fruit And Vegetable For Weight Loss )
Health benefits of Cherry
With a wide range of benefits, cherries are considered a super food. They are able to help with joint pain, insomnia etc. Here are some health benefits of cherries:
- Cherry fruit have a range of antioxidants like anthocyanin and pectin which have been linked to prevention of heart diseases and cancer.
- Also, cherries contain some anti-inflammatory agents which block the action of cycloogenase-1, and 2 enzymes. So, this fruit is really helpful in painful episodes of fibromyalgia, gout arthritis, and sports injuries.
- The juice of this fruit is a potent antibacterial agent which has the ability to fight tooth decay.
- Cherry fruit contains an anti-oxidant called melatonin which has the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier and produce a soothing effect on the brain neurons, calm down irritability, relieve neurosis, insomnia, and headache. This anti-oxidant can also help you sleep better and help people with insomnia.
- This fruit also contains a mild amount of zinc, iron, manganese, and potassium and a good amount of copper. Potassium is an important mineral which helps to regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
- The exceptionally rich amount of anti-oxidants such as beta carotene, zeo-xanthin, and lutein in the fruits helps the body fight against harmful free radicals and reactive oxygen species. These harmful chemicals play a role in aging, cancers, and various diseases.
5 . Cucumber
Cucumber is a widely cultivated plant and belongs to the gourd family.
It has creeping vines which bears cylindrical fruits, used as culinary vegetables.
There are three types of “cucumber“.
These are “slicing”, “pickling” and “burpless“.
Different cultivars have emerged within these varieties. The scientific name is Cucumis sativus.
It serves the purpose of beating the scorching summer heats and contains nutrients, other than water and electrolytes.
Cucumber is one of the oldest cultivated plants. It is a vine-like creeper like the other members of the Cucurbita family, for example, gourds, melons, squashes, and zucchini etc.
They are easily grown. Cucumber vary in shapes, sizes, and color. They have a dark-green skin with crispy moisture-rich flesh and small edible seeds, at its core. ( 10 Fruit And Vegetable For Weight Loss )
Cucumber are harvested until they fall short of maturity, but when they taste sweet and have a crunchy texture and unique flavor. If allowed to grow, the outer skin turns yellow and tough and becomes inedible due to the hardness of the seeds.
They are very often consumed raw and also in the form of juices and vegetables prepared out of it. The long, crispy and thin and light green Armenian cucumbers are part of the melon family but appear tasty and just like the cucumbers.
The Indian curry cucumber called Dosakayi has a sweet taste and neutral flavor. It is used extensively in the preparation of stews and curries, particularly during the summer season in southern parts of India and Sri Lanka.
Cucumber Nutrition Facts
The base of the good pickles is formed by the cucumbers. The most popular usage is, of course, the use in the sandwiches or in salads.
They provide extra nutrition and crunchy and crispy texture. They offer low calories and are rich in the nutrients, making them a good choice for their nutritional value.
Half a cup of the cucumber is low in calories. It is only 8 calories per serving with the peel on. They serve 0.06 gms of fat and less than a gram of sugar, they contain half a gram of dietary fibers.
Dietary fiber slows down the body’s digestion of food and gives sit enough time to absorb the essential nutrients for the body.
Vitamin K, also known as the clotting vitamin is in abundance in Cucumber. This is essential for blood clotting and the recommended amount is 90 mg for the adults over the age of 19. 8.5 mg of Vitamin K, is present in one serving of sliced and raw cucumbers.
It contains 4 mg of folate, 55 international units of Vitamin A and 1.5 mgs of Vitamin C.
Minerals are found in plenty in cucumbers. A half of a cup of sliced cucumber contains 12 mg of phosphorous, 7 mg of magnesium and 8 mg of calcium.
The potassium content is 76 mg. The electrolyte potassium helps in conducting electricity in the body and is important for smooth muscle movement and regular digestive processes.
Potassium also helps in regulating the sodium content in the blood, thereby lowering the risk of high blood pressure and other cardiovascular complications.
The recommended dietary amount (RDA) of the adult men and women, inclusive of pregnant women is 4.7 gms per day. It rises to 5.1 gms per day for breastfeeding women.
Water is most essential for all body functions and overall health. The recommended amount should be 6 to 8 oz. of glasses of water, daily.
In case of higher temperature and humidity, more water may be required. The same is true when one is involved in a strenuous physical activity. A half-cup serving of sliced cucumbers contains about 50 gms of water.
The daily intake of water becomes possible through your diet like consuming the water-rich cucumbers and drinking fluids like juices, tea and water.
Health benefits of Cucumber
Cucumber is a vegetable which is wonderfully low in calories. Beat the scorching summer heat with this cooling and healthy vegetable. It offers nutrients along with water and electrolytes.
- Cucumber contains no saturated fats and the peel of the vegetable is a great source of fiber. The vegetable reduces the chances of developing cancers of the colon by eliminating toxic compounds.
- The vegetable is a great source of potassium. Potassium is an intracellular electrolyte which is helpful to the heart as it brings down the blood pressure and the heart rate by counteracting the effects of sodium.
- The presence of unique anti-oxidants in cucumbers such as α-carotene and β-carotene, lutein, zea-xanthin, Vitamin A and C allows your body to fight of free radicals which play role in a range of diseases and the aging process.
- The mild diuretic property of cucumbers helps the body keeping the blood pressure low.
- This helps in checking weight gain and high blood pressure. The high amounts of vitamin K in the vegetable are highly beneficial for the brain as it protects the neurons from damage.
6 . Dates
Dates are fruits primarily were common in the arid and dry regions of the world.Now it enjoyed all over the world. They are eaten as it is or ingredients in a range of recipes and sweet dishes. Whatever their serving style dates possess a range of health and nutritional benefits.
Here is some interesting information about dates which will motivate you to incorporate it into your diet.
Nutritional benefits of Dates
These are one of the healthiest foods; a cup of chopped dates has around 145 calories.
The sweet tasting dry fruit contains a host of vitamin and minerals. They contain a good amount of vitamin C, a B-complex group of vitamins, potassium, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, calcium, and magnesium.
A range of antioxidants and other beneficial compounds make dates really good for the health. Dates are also a great source of fiber which protects the body from a range of the conditions.
Health benefits of Dates
Dates are chewy dry fruits which has a range of been cultivated as long as past 5000 years.
Inside this small fruit is packed are a range of nutrients which are great for your body.
Here are a couple of health benefits of dates which will encourage you to add these small fruits to your diet.
Sometimes these small fruits are referred to as “almost perfect food” due to their high nutritional value and health benefits.
- They contain a range of vitamins, mineral, and other essential nutrients. Which are essential for overall well-being and the health of the body.
- They are loaded with sugars like fructose and dextrose which are easily digestible. When eaten dates have the ability to provide instant energy to the body. Due to these qualities, they were used in the past by travellers.
- The tannins present in this dry fruit have anti-infective, anti-hemorrhagic and anti-inflammatory properties. These health benefiting contain is a flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidant. Dates have rich amounts of dietary fiber which is great for the digestive system. Also, a good amount of fiber prevents the absorption of bad cholesterol which is known as LDL. Fiber also protects the colon from cancer-causing substances.
- Lutein, ß-carotene, and zeaxanthin are antioxidants which are present in this dry fruit and they have the set of properties which protect the body from the free radicals which cause a host of diseases.
- The ample amounts of iron in date make them a good source of this essential mineral. It is used in the body to carry out many essential tasks such as transporting oxygen in the body. The good amounts of potassium in the also are beneficial for the health as it regulates the blood pressure and protects the body against heart attacks and strokes. The essential minerals which are found in this dry fruit include copper, manganese, and calcium
- Vitamin K and B-complex of vitamins are present in good amounts in dates. The B-complex vitamins are present in good amounts like riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, and pyridoxine.
7 . Fig
Figs are sweet and delicious and they are a food which has been enjoyed from ancient times.
This fruit belongs to the Mulberry family and the scientific name of figs is Ficus carica.
This fruits is rich in a range of vitamins, minerals, phyto-nutrients which promote optimum health. While the dried figs are available throughout the year, there is a unique taste and texture of fresh figs.
The taste of figs is sweet and the texture has the smoothness of their skin and the chewiness of their flesh along with the crunchiness of their seeds.
Also dried figs are a concentrated source of vitamin and mineral. The shape of figs is like a bell or pear and it has succulent flesh.
The fig tree is native to the Asia Minor and now it has become an important commercial crop for USA, Mediterranean region and Spain.
Fig Nutrition facts
Figs are a great source of potassium. Potassium keeps the blood pressure in control. In recent times people do not eat fruits and vegetable which have good amounts of potassium and eat high amounts of sodium as salt in foods.
This makes them deficient in potassium which makes them more prone hypertension or high blood pressure. Figs are a great source of dietary fiber and they are a positive effect on weight management.
Figs have positive effect on the cardiovascular system, figs can reduce the levels of triglycerides and the high potassium levels helps to reduce blood pressure which is good for the cardiovascular system. Also remarkably inhibit the growth of certain types of cancer cells.
You can protect your eyes against macular degeneration by eating figs and other fruits. Studies has shown that eating 3 or more servings of fruits per-day will help you reduce the risks of ARMD (Age-related macular degeneration).
Health benefits of Fig
Figs have a sweet aroma and are really delicious. They come in varying shape, size, and colours. Figs contain range of vitamins, phyto-nutrients, and anti-oxidants. This concentrated source of nutrients provides the body with a range of health benefits.
- Figs are a low calories fruit and they contain a range of essential minerals, vitamins, anti-oxidants, fiber which are beneficial for the body.
- Dried figs also are in excellent source of nutrients which contribute towards optimum health and wellness.
- The anti-oxidants present in figs helps in scavenging harmful free radicals in the body and protect us from a range of diseases including cancers.
- The chlorogenic acid present in the fruit helps the body lower the blood sugar levels and control glucose levels in the blood. This can be especially useful for people who have type- II diabetes.
- The good levels of B-complex in figs help to improve and maintain health. These vitamins are essential and act as a co-factor in the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats in the body.
- Dried as well as fresh figs are excellent source of minerals like iron, zinc, selenium, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese. Each one of these minerals plays a vital role in the essential processes of the body.
8 . Peach
Peaches are nutritious fruits which are loved by everyone.
Peaches are native to the china. From China this fruit spread to the rest of the world due to trade and commerce.
In china, peaches are considered a symbol of friendship and immortality.
This fruit is a power fruit and provides a host of health benefits.
Peaches belong to the Rosaceae family and their scientific name Prunus persica.
This fruit technically is a “drupe” which has features similar to other member of the genus such as almonds, plums, nectarines, and damson.
Depending upon the cultivars the peaches have different size, color, and characteristics.
The pulp of peaches is sweet and pleasantly tart also the aroma is unique. The common color of peaches varies from white to creamy-yellow color.
This low-calorie fruit is perfect for losing weight and keeping the skin and the cardiovascular system healthy.
Peach Nutrition facts
One peach has about 70 calories and provides lots of nutrition. A peach has 17 gram of carbohydrate, 1.5 grams of protein and 0.4 gram of fat. A host of vitamins are found in this fruit.
However peaches are well known for vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin C, and vitamin B. A single peach contains 10 percent of the daily recommended amount of vitamin A and 20 percent of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C.
Peaches have no sodium also they provide about 330 mg of potassium which is about 10 percent of the daily recommended amounts.
There is also calcium, iron, and zinc in an average peach. A last there is 2 grams of fiber in a peach also eat with the skin to get more fiber.
Health benefits of Peach For Weight Loss
Peaches are really nutritious and provide benefits of antioxidants. This fruit is a rich source of calcium, potassium, fiber, carbohydrates, vitamins and folic acid. This tasty and nutritious fruit provides you a range of benefits:
- Peaches contain antioxidants which protect the body against chronic problems and cancer.
- Peach increases immunity, have anti-aging properties and help remove toxins from the body.
- This fruit a rich source of fiber, vitamin A, C, B, and E and a range of antioxidants.
- Peach has the ability to prevent obesity.
- It contains a range of anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic compounds which can reduce the amount of LDL (Bad Cholesterol).
- The fruit can also be used to reduce heartburns, inflammations, and kidney disease as it contains potassium and fiber.
- Peach tea is used to detoxify the body and cleanse the kidney.
- The beta-carotene in peaches can increase circulation throughout the body.
- Vitamins present in peach are good for the skin and reduces the formation of fine lines or wrinkles.
9 . Tomato
Tomato is a commonly used vegetable, it is amazingly nutritious and has a range of health benefits.Tomatoes have a low-fat content and have zero cholesterol, making it good for individuals with heart diseases.
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of nutrition. Because of it great nutritional value and all around qualities, often it is recommended by nutritionists for cholesterol control and weight reduction.
- It has the ability to protect the body against cancers of the breast, colon, prostate, endometrial, pancreas and lung, as it contains a range of antioxidants.
- Lycopene is phytochemical present in tomatoes; it is in more concentration in the red varieties. It has a protective effect against harmful free radicals. Also, the carotenoids present in tomatoes have anti-oxidant properties.
- Research has shown that lycopene also has the ability to protect the skin from damage caused by ultra-violet rays.
- A range of other flavonoids present in tomatoes has the ability to filter ultra-violet rays and protect the eyes from macular diseases.
- It also promotes the health of the skin, bone, and eyes as the vegetable contains good amounts of Vitamin A, α and ß-carotenes, lutein, and xanthins. It also reduces the chances of developing cancers of the oral cavity and the lung.
- Fresh tomatoes contain rich amounts of potassium which is essential for controlling blood pressure and the heart rate.
- Further the moderate amounts of B-complex vitamins such as folates, riboflavin, niacin, and thiamine. And important mineral like iron, manganese, calcium and other trace elements.
- Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C which helps in developing and boosting the immune system also it has the ability to scavenge for free radicals which are harmful to the body.
10 . Watercress
Watercress is a nutrient-rich herb mainly found near springs and slowly running waterways in large quantity.
Watercress belongs to Brassicaceae family closing relating to mustard greens, cabbage, salad rocket, garden cress etc.
The leaves of watercress are small, oval, deep green juicy leaves having a high moisture content.
The leaves feature sharp, spicy and somewhat sour taste like mustard greens and garden cress.
Racemes are the tiny white flowers that appear in the summer season, that turn in to small pods containing rows of seeds.
Watercress Nutrition Facts
This green contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, and K.
Collard green contains important vitamins like vitamin A, C, E, K and vitamin B1, B2, and B6. Minerals present in the green are iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, calcium, copper, zinc, folic acid, fiber, antioxidants, and carotenes.
Health benefits of Watercress
Watercress is a perennial plant, semi-aquatic which Brassicaceae family.
This tangy and peppery leafy vegetable is a nutrient-rich herb which packed with a host of health benefits.
- The low calories have about zero fat and are rich in anti-oxidants and help in weight and cholesterol reduction.
- Fresh watercress has more vitamin C than a range of fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C enhances the body’s ability to absorb iron, maintains the health of connective tissues, and develops and boosts immunity.
- The phytonutrients like isothiocyanates present in the watercress. This phytonutrient has a range of health promoting properties.
- The peppy flavor in the plant Causes a compound called gluconasturtiin. New studies have shown that it has the ability to prevent cancer by inhibiting the phase I enzymes.
- It is also a great source to get Vitamin K and just 100 grams provide 200% of the daily recommended intake, Vitamin K has a range of health-promoting activities which includes the ability to help maintain and enhance bone health, adequate amounts of vitamin K is essential for protecting the neuronal damage in the brain.
- Vitamin A is also present in ample amounts in watercress along with anti-oxidants like zeo-xanthin, luyein and ß carotene. Zeo-xanthin is essential for maintaining eye health in individuals.
- Watercress contains B-complex vitamins like thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, pyridoxine and pantothenic acid. These vitamins are essential for proper metabolism in cells.
- This leafy vegetable contains a range of mineral that required for the proper functioning of the body. Watercress contains potassium, magnesium, copper, calcium, manganese, and phosphorus. Potassium required to maintain a normal heart rate and blood pressure. Copper is vital in the creation of new red and white blood cells.
- Including watercress in your diet brings a host of benefits such as optimal health, protection from cardiovascular diseases, colon and prostate cancers and prevents osteoporosis, vitamin A deficiency, and anaemia.